Friday, May 25, 2007

Lavandería


This is mostly for Reva's benefit, but here's a little more domestic geekiness for you. The photo is of the sexiest washer-dryer combo I've ever seen, spied by me and my mom last week while we wandered Lowe's in search of good potting soil. I know only two things about it:

1. It' s made by Samsung.

2. This is the first time I'm ever felt turned on by a household appliance.
You want one, don't you? The sweet irony of my posting this is that I haven't done laundry in weeks and my lovely, patient, overworked husband is down to one clean pair of socks. I should get on that.
In a change to my recent modus operandi, I didn't cook today. Yesterday and today I met good girlfriends for lunch, and thanks to both of them I feel a renewal of both creative energy and motivation to hit my MA reading list. My (possibly unrealistic) plan for summer is to read a book a week, taking detailed notes, and to start work on the Great Not-So-American Novel. Lola feels a creative surge coming on, and this time it's far less calorically dense.

No comments: