Friday, November 16, 2007

Buenas noticias, por fin

So for anyone sick of my griping (this includes me), I finally have some happy news. I have the best husband in the world. That's not the news, y'all already knew that. The good news is that my incredibly wonderful husband, who doesn't particularly like to dance and feels self conscious about it, took me to a salsa club last night. And he danced with me, quite a bit. And it was his idea in the first place. I got an email from him on Wednesday attached to an announcement that a group of Spanish-speaking law students was planning on getting together Thursday night at said salsa club. He wrote, "I know it's been a rough week. Can I take you dancing?" He's simply amazing. He knows that back when I was single I used to go dancing with my girlfriends not just for fun but to relieve stress and unplug for a while. It was cheap therapy. He knows I miss it. So, he took me dancing. Some of my friends from my program came down from Boulder and joined us for the evening. It was great. A few hours on the dance floor did wonders for my soul, and I didn't think about phonetics the entire time.

Hopefully this afternoon I'll finally get to meet my niece. Cross your fingers and hope that tomorrow this space will be filled with photos of me and the little one.

2 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

I have said it many times before - you lucked out SO bigtime with a husband. But, he also lucked out biggertime when he got you. I can't wait to hear about baby!!

Nicole said...

You're back on the web! This is exciting. I see you are feeling about as I am about school at the moment. We should get back in touch and do emotional vomit instead of the real, physical kind. Much less acid and tamales are so good, you should keep them.