Monday, March 10, 2008

Un lunes más o menos ordinario

A sincere thanks to those who have shown love, support and concern. Sometimes I feel awfully isolated living out my waking hours down here in the basement of the languages building on the far end of campus, and while my colleagues are wonderful and supportive, it's good to feel the support of my loved ones spread far and wide.

And on an update sort of note, I am once again among the ranks of the medicated. Gah. Of course, they're taking their sweet time to kick in, all except the temporarily-prescribed sedative, that is. I'm still waking in the night, but now it's only once. In the mean time, my poor system is reacting predictably to new substances being introduced to it, that is, with nausea. Gah, indeed.

I'm still shaky, but there's a sense of relief that comes from knowing I'm moving toward some better management of my mess.

If slowly, Lola's on the up and up. Keep your digits crossed for me.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Yay for the sleepiong better! Poo to the nausea - that sucks. Let us know if we can help at all!! Q's coming this weekend and if we can send anything back with him for you, you have only to suggest it. Like beach in a bottle?