Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Respiro, respiro, respiro. . .

I'll write this quickly because I have to go teach in a few minutes.

But WOW. I have to say I'm enjoying this semester more, I'm definitely more organized and I feel on top of things and my anthropology class rocks, but I am already soooo busy. I'm not even taking my exams this semester. Good thing, because I have loads to read for my classes. At some point in the near future I've got to start preparing seriously for my exams. October is going to creep up on me, just like January did.

Deep breath. It's not even noon, and I've already gotten a lot done today. So much more awaits before I can feel good about going to bed, though. Le sigh. I have to keep reminding myself that I signed up for this.

In completely unrelated news. . .drumroll please. . .I ski like a big kid now! A season-and-a-half into it, I'm no longer snowplowing down the slope like an oaf, I can control my turns and keep my skis parallel. My husband (the cause of my taking on this enterprise so late in life) is so happy and proud he could pop. I'm not feeling too bad about it, myself.

Lola has to go teach the irregular preterite now. Estuve, estuviste, estuvo, estuvimos, estuvieron; pude, pudiste, pudo, pudimos, ad nauseum.

2 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

Congrats on the skiing accomplishment. I wish I could convince my husband that it's actually a fun endeavor. Better in the west, yes. But still fun in the east.

Jane said...

Go Lola! Go Lola! You're amazing. And such a good wife - Tarzan likes to ski and his family skis, but not little Jane. They can't make me either. I might be convinced to try water skiing - that doesn't require snow! Good luck with the semester. You can do it.