Monday, September 29, 2008

Chistes

So, I know I should stop using my blog as a GOP-bashing forum at some point, but I can't stop laughing at them and at jokes about them. Besides, we need some lightheartedness in these troubling times, right? Is anyone else worried that the DOW dropped 778 points today? I think the bailout vote was a damned-if-you-do, etc. situation for Congress. I think it would have plummeted if the measure had passed, too.

At any rate, I submit the following visual displays for your snickering / horror / offense:

This first one I spied in a sculpture garden in Ft. Collins, CO. I think it's supposed to be whimsical because it was in the vicinity of other circus-themed pieces. Pero: yes, that is indeed a globe the elephant is standing on, and I think the symbolism is less than subtle. Tee-hee.


My husband and I saw this second one in the grocery store parking lot and pulled out our camera phones once the laughter subsided. If this joke is before your time, ask the nearest 30-something about Top Gun.




I'm trying to find some funny things that anti-Dems have to say or display, but they just don't seem to be as humorous as anti-GOPs, and Obama's ears are only funny for so long. I'm used to looking at them now. My mom has a T-shirt that she touts as pro-McCain that says "You have hope, I have skills". Funny, but the shirt says "Nike", not "McCain". Take what you can get, right?

Lola is ready for the elections to be over already.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I hear you - let's just vote already! I answered a phone survey the other day and the chick was kind of surprised when I said I wasn't voting for either candidate.

Peter Fillerup said...

I thoroughly enjoy this one. As much as I don't like Obama as a person/humanbeing, I think the chump can fix things. That's where I'm headed as of now, I think....