Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Contando los días

There are:

0 days until my first paycheck of the semester (I love a less un-cushioned bank balance!).

7 days until my husband moves to Mexico without me.

8 days until Rebe moves away, during which time I may or may not see her.

21 days (incluso hoy) until the written exam portion of my comps begins.

31 days to pack up whatever my husband doesn't take with him this trip and be out of the house so that our renters can move in.

52 days before I can escape for Thanksgiving break to visit my husband in our new coastal home.

2 months and twenty-some days until I'm free to leave this final semester behind me and move down to Mexico with my husband.

Being a verbal person, numbers are near-meaningless to me, so if I put my life into little numerical slots it seems less overwhelming and stressful. If there's any one emotion on which life is overdosing me these days, it's "overwhelmed".

Lola has a long wait ahead of her, to be followed by a long drive.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I wish you luck and speedy numbers.