Monday, October 27, 2008

¿Aliviada?

In answer to Jane's urgent request, I'll attempt to make up for my delinquency in filling you all in on the exams. The written portion went well, I think. I feel a little iffy about my morphosyntax question, but I hope I answered sufficiently that they allow me to explain myself in the orals. The orals are next Tuesday, and if I pass, the only things that lie between me and my M.A. are two term projects and a French translation exam. Facilísimo, ¿no?

In other news, I went to Phoenix for the weekend and met up with my husband at my in-laws place. I won't say it wasn't nice to see them, because it was, but obviously the highlight of my weekend was seeing him. I can't believe how much I missed him. I won't see him again until fall break, at Thanksgiving, but blessedly the University gives us the entire week. I'll be with him for six days, most of it at our little casa in Peñasco. He'll still be at work all day so I'll have time to write aforementioned term papers and maybe even nest a little, and I'll watch the sunsets over the turquoise water of the Sea of Cortez with my media-naranja. Cheesy, I know, but he's really played up those sunsets.

Lola is on the downhill.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Thank goodness - I thought the test had killed you! :) But it's nice to see the man once in a while.
I thought I knew some stuff but morphosyntax is a pretty big word there - we're not worthy. Good luck on the orals.

Rocketgirl said...

sounds divine! Nw, with all that free time, please head to www.etsy.com and start a account so you can give me an idea of your favorites??