Friday, May 25, 2012

Poco a poco, verde

This morning LittleBit and I went out for a walk (it was up to 50F, in the morning, even!) and I saw tiny little green patches that I swear weren't there yesterday. Now that it's almost June, is spring coming to Bethel? I sure hope so. This place will be much more livable for a few months once it changes its skin. It might even be a little bit pretty.

Yesterday Esquire and I had lunch with one of his colleagues, and today LittleBit and I have a playdate with a friend who has children close to his age. Lunch was fun, and I am so looking forward to this playdate. I'm learning that the key to survival in Bethel is human interaction. I will learn to be happy here, it's just going to take more effort than I'm used to (and I'm used to putting some effort into being happy sometimes). I don't have so many things (amenities, mostly) that I've taken for granted for so long. I'm going to have to reframe and redefine so much of what I had in mind for LittleBit for his early childhood. We will make it work here, though.

Along those lines, we think we found a small house to live in. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

No comments: